More than Payroll Services
There are many more payroll-related “headaches” we can assist you with. These include:
Poster compliance (to avoid hefty fines a small business cannot afford)
- Onboarding new employees.
- Worker’s compensation audits.
- New hire reporting (required for child support delinquencies).
- Time tracking forms and paperwork retention requirements.
- Job costing. Wondering where all that staff time is going? We can help you figure that out.
Got contractors? Although contractors are handled differently than employees, labor is labor and we find that many small business owners forget about 1099s until the last minute. We can help you with your 1099 compliance, W-9 requests, and 1099-K reconciliations (a new requirement as of 2011).
In-Depth QuickBooks Expertise
These days, understanding how to best use QuickBooks has grown into its own set of skills apart from traditional bookkeeping experience. Even the best bookkeeper must spend extra time getting to know how to use QuickBooks in order to enter all of the transactions most efficiently and accurately.
We’ve gathered our QuickBooks knowledge across multiple years, multiple versions, multiple companies, and multiple industries. We can take all of the great ideas we see at training conferences and apply them to help you get your accounting done more effectively.
Some of the ways we can help you make the most out of your QuickBooks software include:
- Helping you choose the right version so you get started on the right foot
- Installation, setup, and customization for your specific business needs
- Training and support for you or your bookkeepers to save you valuable time and money
- Data and file analysis and troubleshooting, in case you’re experiencing problems
- Customized reports to get you the business intelligence you need
- Add-ons and upgrades, in case you need more functionality
Tax Return Preparation
We know that tax time is probably not your favorite time of the year! We want to make it as quick and pain-free as possible for you. We can help you navigate the maze of forms, requirements, deadlines, and constantly changing tax laws so that you can be aware of the possible financial opportunities available to your circumstances.
When you hire a tax preparer, make sure they:
- Have obtained a current year PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number). Otherwise, they are ineligible to prepare your IRS returns.
- Have attended continuing education tax courses so they know the newest year’s rules.
- Have a quality control process within their business so that your return will be checked for errors.
- Can eFile your returns so that your refund, if any, will be returned faster.
- Explain your return to you so that you understand what you are signing. You are ultimately responsible for your own tax return, so it’s essential that you understand it.
Feel free to ask us these questions, too!
What We Do
We help our clients with the following services:
- Prepare and efile your individual, corporate, and estate tax returns at the local, state, and national levels so you can get any refunds back as fast as possible
- Keep you informed of due dates so you can stop worrying whether you’ve forgotten to file something important
- Answer your questions and explain your options
- Explain the complex in an understandable way so you can feel confident you’ve made the right decision
- Support in case you receive a tax bill or audit notice form any tax agency
To discuss any of these services, please give us a call or email us. We’ll set up a complimentary initial session so you can find out more about how we can help you.
We’re committed to helping you keep your hard-earned money without paying a penny more in taxes than you’re legally required to do. And some of the biggest savings can come when we work together and plan ahead. We offer proactive tax planning suggestions to save you money when tax time comes. Please give us a call any time of the year, so we can start finding ways to save you money.
Sales Tax Services
State and local tax authorities are looking to maximize sales tax collections. We can help you understand and manage your sales tax obligations and prepare sales tax returns in an efficient and timely manner.
If your business does not currently have accounting staff or if your business is outgrowing its current bookkeeping system, we can provide comprehensive bookkeeping and write-up services to ensure the smooth operation of the financial side of your business. As your business needs grow and change, we can provide input and planning assistance to make sure your accounting and financial systems keep pace with your business needs.
Your books contain valuable information to help you run your business, so it’s important that your bookkeeping is accurate and up-to-date. After we’ve updated your books, we can design and run critical reports that will give you great insight into making the right decisions for your growing business.
We’re often asked to clean up books for tax time so that your accountant has the information they need to complete your tax returns. We can work seamlessly with your tax preparer so that tax time is, well, a little less taxing.
Our experience and training keeps us up-to-date on accounting products and solutions for today’s business needs. Bookkeeping has come a long way since the days of ledgers, piles of paperwork, and green eyeshades. If you’d like, we can suggest new ways of bookkeeping that will save you time and money. Examples of where you might have opportunities for savings include duplicate data entry, paperwork-intensive procedures, and manual processes.
Business Entity Selection
The business entity—LLP, LLC, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, etc.— that you select for your business has enormous financial and tax implications. It is important that you make the right decision. We can explain each choice and its implications. As your business grows and changes, the type of business entity you choose may need to change also.
When a business is able to undertake strong financial analysis, it opens up new opportunities to improve management, planning and decision making. Financial analysis provides the numbers to support, reject or contemplate a course of action. Prospective analysis can show how situations may evolve under various scenarios, providing a new dimension to decision making. We are ready to provide this type of financial analysis to support the continue prosperity of your business.
Financial statements are an important tool for management decision making. Financial statements also represent your business to lenders, partners, potential buyers and other interested parties. We will work closely with your key personnel to develop and finalize accurate and timely financial statements.
An IRS audit can be an intimidating and complex process. If you or your business face an IRS audit, we can bring to bear years of experience in dealing with tax matters and IRS audit procedures to ensure that you are properly represented when dealing with the IRS and other tax authorities.
A notary public can help you to handle various business matters, including witnessing and authenticating document execution and signatures. We offer Notary Public services and are available when you need us.